Monday, May 26, 2014

May 20, 2014 Bellingham, WA


                                                              A sunset somewhere!




May 20, 2014


Bellingham, WA


In a little short of four hours we were docked at Bellingham Harbor.
When I called to ask for moorage, I informed them that we were a 58 foot seiner, not mentioning that it was a pleasure craft. She gave me instructions to come in the south entrance which David had requested, and tie up to another seiner. When I got off the phone, I knew something wasn’t quite right. It occurred to me that she probably thought we were a working fish boat. When David figured out that it was the east entrance we wanted not the south, he called back and straightened it all out. I have to remember to say, “converted seiner” so they know we are not hauling in fish!

David made a fine smooth approach, and we even had our neighbor on the “Je T’aime II” waiting for a line to be thrown to her. I tossed the bow line, yep, I sure did, right into the brink! She was so kind, no fuss, just lifted it out of the water and secured it saying, “Hey, the water feels good. No problem.”

I secured the midline and then went over to the stern. I thought I had readied the line properly but it was in a bit of a tangle…another embarrassment!  Luckily, we were safe and secure so my bumbling had no real consequence, but I sure was disappointed in myself.

We have lots of time to polish up the old girl before the “A-Team”,  aka Ashley and Ada, arrive tomorrow night. We have taken a food inventory, and it is for certain that we will not starve. Can’t believe how much our small freezer will hold.  That and the ice maker are our favorite appliances on board!

It is another gorgeously sunny day. Hopefully it will continue through our girls’ four day visit.

                                           Pure Elegance



No comments:

Post a Comment