Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Day 19 Khutze Bay


                                                                 Crab Fest
                                   


June 6th 

Still at Khutze Bay…Still raining

I woke up to the sight of the waterfalls outside my stateroom window. How can it get any better than that?  I’ll tell you.  I had longed for a leisurely morning, and I certainly got one. I stayed in bed reading until 10:00 with coffee and breakfast served with a smile. Now that’s my kind of boating! 

Our “armada” did not end up in Khutze Inlet. They gave us the slip. We had only two neighbors for the night. After finally rising, I helped David lower the tender, and we took off in the rain and dropped our crab pots. Hope floats. We have some chores to do but it should still be a restful day which we both need.

While typing this, I spotted a small aluminum boat near us with the words “Kitatsoo Watchman” above the helm. We surmised that it was a tribal security boat but do not know for sure. They left after cruising the head of the inlet for about a half hour.

When we were in Ocean Falls, we claimed some free rain gear that someone had left in The Shack at the marina. The pants and jackets have really come in handy especially here. We went out in the pouring rain to set our crab traps early this morning and went out again in the downpour to retrieve our traps. The rain gear kept us nice and dry. Our reward for braving the storm was nine gigantic male crabs!  David kept saying, “This trap is really heavy.”  He even had to stop and take a breath a couple of times while pulling it up. Wow!  We have never had so many keepers this big. Nice catch.


No comments:

Post a Comment